SAHAYATRA-An inter-College Media Students Meet 2010
Since there was no networking and very rare interaction among the students of media and journalism & mass communication, so we have come up with a concept to bring all the students of the same discipline .
Our aim for doing so involves
• Acquainting them to the media professionals and the media environment as their future profession
• Creating platform for the students to share their creativity and ideas
• Strengthening the discipline of Journalism & mass communication and Media in Nepal by not just connecting the students but also the academicians
Summary of the Event:
Title of the Event: SAHAYATRA
An inter-collage media students meet.
Organizer: Media Studies Group (MSG), Kathmandu University.
Date of Event: 2010 June 6th; Sunday.
Starting Time: 09:00 AM Ending Time: 05:00 PM
Location: Kathmandu University CV Raman Auditorium. Dhulikhel, Kavre.
Name of Colleges Participating (Tentative)
1. RR College:
2. NIC College:
3. Gramid Adarsha College: Nepaltar
4. Madan Bhandari Memorial:: Raatopul
5. Sagarmatha Multiple College: Dillibazar
6. Orient college: Chakrapath
7. Pasang Lhamhu Sherpa Memorial College:
8. K&K: New Baneshwor
9. Reliance Academy: Saraswotinagar, Chabahil
10. Metro Higher Secondary School: New Baneshwor (On the way to Anamnagar)
11. Greenfield Academy: Baffal, Kalimati
12. Xavier International Colleg: Kalopul
13. Trinity International College: Dillibazaar height
14. St. Xaviers:
15. White House Colleg: New Baneshwor (On the way to Old Baneshwor).
16. Universal College: Maitidevi
17. Golden Gate College: Battisputali
19. Navodit College :Mhepi (inside Balaju)
20. British Gurkha: Bansbari
21. Sigma College: Khusibun
22. SchEMS College: Chakrapath
23. Herald International College: Basundhara
24. Active Academy :Basundhara
25. Canvas Academy: Basundhara
26. KEBS Academy: Tushal, Boudhha
27. Times International College: Kalikasthan
28. Sheford College:Baluwatar.
29. Kathmandu Model College: Bagbazaar
30. St. Lawrence: Chabbhil
31. CCRC: Balkumari, Lalitpur
32. United Academy
33. Caspian Valley College:
35. Kavre Multiple Campus: Budol, Banepa, Kavre
36. PanchaKumari Higher Secondari School: (Nala Jane bato) Banepa, Kavre
37. Hanuman Uchha Mabi: Paatlekhet, Kavre
1) Network: This event will help all the media students establish a network among them and create an environment of mutual sharing.
2) Platform: The participants can use this platform to represent their college in national arena.
Target Audience: Media academicians, Media professionals, Intermediate and Bachelor students who are studying mass communication and journalism in collages of Kathmandu Valley and Kavre district.
Anticipated in Attendence: 200-250.
The numbers of colleges are increasing as ever in Kathmandu valley, including that of Journalism & mass communication. Bearing this fact in mind ‘SAHAYATRA’ is going to be organized by MSG, Kathmandu University on June 6th, 2010. This will be a grand platform for students to meet their contemporaries as well as get the benefit of interacting industry stalwarts and media academicians and developing relations with them.
Students’ attraction and interest toward education in mass communication and journalism is always an increasing trend. Every year lots of students get enrolled in different colleges affiliated to Tribhuvan University Board, Purvanchal University Board, Kathmandu University Board and Higher Secondary Education Board (HSEB) to study Mass Communication and Journalism. The present situation reveals that students who are pursuing their education in the mass communication field are not aware about the strength and space for improvement in the academic and professional field of the same discipline. Realizing the importance of a network, that should have been established much earlier, MSG shows its eagerness to take the first step towards this venture.
We are sure that the event will be very fruitful for all the participants through various activities. In the event we will invite experts from Print, Broadcast (TV+Radio), and related industries like Film, Advertising to speak at the program. Also, the dignitaries from within the university and department will address the program.
An hour long plenary will also be conducted where students and teachers will interact with each other on the topic “Multi disciplinary nature of media education.”
This section will be held on the 3rd of June, 2010. Only one representative from each college will be participating in this discussion which will take place in Kathmandu Valley (the exact location and time will be informed later).
This discussion program will fix the agendas and plan of actions for the networking among different colleges. Since it takes long time for discussion regarding network, we have planned to sort it out few days earlier. Furthermore, it also helps us to get feedback regarding the event.
Any one interested in participating in the upcoming photo competition, please read the conditions below.
1. The participants of SAHAYATRA are eligible for the photo competition.
2. The theme is “———————————————————————–”.
3. You can submit up to 3 photos. Among all the available photos only best 25 will be placed on exhibition and out of them three photos will be prized.
4. Photos can be in black and white or colored, must be digital and must be taken by the participant.
5. Photos with text and signature are not accepted
6. Works are to be submitted as digital files to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org (Email address).
7. All photos are to be submitted at size no smaller than (8*10) inches with high resolution.
8. Please include your name and a brief caption for the photo with your submission.
9. The club can refuse any work that don’t meet with the conditions
10. The deadline for accepting entries is 3rd June 2010.
11. The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will be judged by a photo expert.
As we are organizing ‘SAHAYATRA’ in Kathmandu University on June 6th, 2010 and since this is going to be a strong platform for the Journalism and mass communication students to learn, share and grow in the same disciplined and profession, I am sure you would kindly accept our invitation and help us in making this event a grand success